See All Careers
Field Service Engineer
June 20, 2018 — Billerica, MA
- Act as an expert in the field, developing resolution to critical issues; resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Manipulate and manage schedule (s) to best serve customer needs and gaps.
- Pro-active in finding methods to improve reliability/ manufacturing/engineering and share with Management and the department.
- Work closely with ASM and RSM to identify customers for upgrades, new purchases, and additional customer training. CC Manager on all leads.
- Identify error codes and re-occurring problems, or odd troubleshooting solutions to direct supervisor and R&D to solve problems and directly contain department material expenses and company costs. Send e-mails with detailed photos identifying problems.
- Provide professional, courteous, prompt and skilled technical service to customers.
- Responsible for schedule board maintenance and proactive scheduling.
- Use communication and technical skills to make the customer interaction a pleasant and memorable experience.
- Responsible for service repairs and maintenance of aesthetic laser equipment, as well as participating in software validation & verification.
- Responsible for the operational quality of the system and instructing customers on the operation and maintenance of the system. (Service sheet)
- Act as company liaison with customers on administrative and technical matters with in- house dispatch group and manufacturing personnel.
- Receives extensive technical training on overall theory of operation, optimization, maintenance and troubleshooting of Lasers from manufacture.
- Responsible for documenting all service activities in compliance with FDA requirements.
- Continually promote service contract revenue, new products.
- Timely submission of RMAs, closing calls, and expense reports (meeting company guidelines). Minimum supervision required here.
- BS or AS in Electronics, Laser Technology or equivalent is required with a minimum of 3+ years of experience in electronic system troubleshooting.
- Senior-level customer service skills, positive attitude, and ability to clearly and tactfully communicate with others.
- Enhanced knowledge and understanding of optics, electronics, and mechanic principles is required, as well as the ability to troubleshoot electronic, optical and mechanical assemblies down to component level.
- Ability to travel and cross territories (When required) on short notice required.
- Requires scheduling of flights and rental cars to ensure prompt arrival in different cities and different customer locations.
- Be able to travel up to 85% domestic and/ or international with on short notice